The Women’s Sahara is new community welfare initiative of the Brisbane Sikh Temple (Gurdwara) Inc and is managed by JK Diversity Consultants to provide social welfare and emergency crisis accommodation for any Indian women affected by domestic and family violence, homelessness or financial hardship across Queensland.
The Women’s Sahara House is managed by Ms Jatinder Kaur – Accredited Mental Health Social Worker and provides the following services:
- Emergency crisis accommodation
- Domestic and family violence counselling
- Social welfare support to victims
- Immigration advice and referral
- Community support and engagement
- Social Work Family Violence reports for Immigration department